Three Bears Home Staging of Katy, Texas has won “Best Of Customer Service 2017” on Houzz®, the leading platform for home remodeling and design. The 4-year old staging firm was chosen for the third year in a row by the more than 40 million monthly unique users that comprise the Houzz community from among more than one million active home building, remodeling, and design industry professionals.
The Best Of Houzz is awarded annually in three categories: Design, Customer Service and Photography. Customer Service honors are based on several factors, including the number and quality of client reviews a professional received in 2016. A “Best Of Houzz 2017” badge will appear on winners’ profiles, as a sign of their commitment to excellence. These badges help homeowners identify popular and top-rated home professionals in every metro area on Houzz.
Three Bears Home Staging founder and principal, Vannessa Rhoades, states, “Houzz connects millions of homeowners with the best home professional for their project, and we are honored that our work has been recognized among the other talented staging and redesign professionals.”
“We’re so pleased to award Best of Houzz 2017 to this incredible group of talented and customer-focused professionals, including Three Bears Home Staging,” said Liza Hausman, vice president of Industry Marketing for Houzz. “Each of these businesses was singled out for recognition by our community of homeowners and design enthusiasts for helping to turn their home improvement dreams into reality.”
Three Bears Home Staging was founded in 2013 and provides home staging services for homeowners and real estate professionals. The firm specializes in Walk & Talk Staging Consultations for home sellers, providing detailed, objective advice for the fastest, most profitable sale.
For more information visit threebearshomestaging.com and be sure to check out the other “Best of Houzz” award winners at Houzz.com.
When staging your home for sale, it’s important to create an atmosphere that promotes peace, tranquility, and respite from the hustle and bustle of the outside world. You want buyers to linger and visualize the lifestyle they could lead if they lived in a home like yours. Yet even in the most beautifully styled house, buyers will run screaming if it’s too hot, smells like an ashtray, or has 4 or 5 cats traipsing about. Learn these three surefire triggers that will have potential buyers heading for the hills:
- Strong smells. We all become “nose-blind” to some degree when it comes to the smells in our own homes. Cigarette smoke, pet odors, food, and mildew are the most common offenders I find in clients’ homes. Eliminate odors completely to avoid distracting buyers. You want a buyer thinking “How soon can I move in?” not “How soon can I get out of here and wash this smell out of my hair and clothes?!”
- Curious about using air fresheners? Not always a good idea. Read our article on Scents That Sell.
- Tip: Textiles can hold smells. If you have lingering odors, try laundering, cleaning, or removing possible culprits (carpets, rugs, curtains, pillows, pet beds).
- Uncomfortable temperature. Take the outside weather into account, and make sure the temperature inside your house is comfortable for buyers — around 72 degrees F. If you typically keep your home warmer or cooler than most people find comfortable — either for cost savings or your own personal comfort — be sure to adjust the temperature prior to any showings. Buyers will walk out of a home that’s stiflingly warm or freezing cold, sight unseen.
- Unruly pets. A “for sale” home should convey an atmosphere of relaxation from the moment a potential buyer steps in the door. Barking dogs, overly friendly cats, or squawking parrots do not promote relaxation. Nervous animals create nervous buyers. Whenever possible, completely remove animals from the home during showings. If it’s not possible, be sure animals are safely secured in an area that will be minimally distracting to potential buyers. While you’re at it, hide or eliminate as much evidence of pets as possible (e.g, litter boxes, food dishes, pet beds, cages) prior to showings.
It’s nearly impossible to be objective about smells, temperature, or your fur babies. Ask a professional home stager, your Realtor, or a friend you trust to be brutally honest with you, LISTEN to what they have to say, and make adjustments. Don’t risk losing a sale because of something that’s simple to correct!
Need some feedback on your Katy, TX home for sale? We’d love to help you with a Walk and Talk Consultation! Contact Three Bears Home Staging here to set up an appointment!
Photo credit: Karl-Ludwig Poggemann via Flikr
Set the stage for summertime home selling by creating an environment where potential buyers can see themselves relaxing and entertaining in a cool, comfortable space.
- Turn the patio into an additional “room,” complete with table, chairs, placemats, plates, and cloth napkins. Add a new outdoor rug and cushy pillows to furniture.
- Set the stage inside for summer living and activities, as well. Add a basket of pool towels and sunscreen in the laundry room. Use sea shells, lightweight fabrics, and woven accents to create a “beachy” feel. Add lots of fresh flowers.
- Splurge on air-conditioning. Turn on ceiling fans (low setting, though–don’t blast visitors out of the house). Hot, stuffy rooms make potential buyers want to leave. Keep them comfortable so they’ll stick around and check out the rest of the home!
- Open curtains and blinds before every showing to lighten and brighten your living spaces with summer sunshine.
- Avoid using the oven before a showing. No need to add extra heat during the summer months.
- Set out a decorative container filled with ice and bottles of cold water for potential buyers (give your agent a heads-up that you’ll be doing this). Everyone appreciates a cold drink in the heat.
- Amp up curb appeal to make buyers want to get out of the car and come in. Keep the lawn green and trim. Plant beautiful flowers. Weed beds and add plenty of new mulch. Power-wash sidewalks, driveways, porches and decks.
- Post high-quality photos of your home in its best staged condition. Many agents work with professional real estate photographers who are experts at capturing indoor and outdoor spaces at their best. Your home stager can work with these professionals to fine tune your online presentation and make your listing “pop.”
Ready to stage your home for a summer sale? Give Three Bears Home Staging & Redesign a call at (832) 377-0785 to get started today!