There are plenty of DIY options when it comes to getting your home ready to sell: packing, touching up paint, planting flowers. But there are big reasons to bring in a little professional help to stage your home!
Putting your home on the market can be a stressful and overwhelming process, and many sellers are not sure where to start or where to best spend their time, energy, and money (e.g., “Is it worth it to repaint this room? Should I go ahead and install granite countertops?”). A certified professional home stager can view your house with the same objectivity as a critical buyer. They are knowledgeable about your local real estate market and the expectations for homes in your price range.
Here are the top five reasons to invest in professional help when staging your home:
- You will make more money! According to the National Association of Realtors (NAR) Profile of Buyers and Sellers, the average staging investment is between 1 and 3 percent of the home’s asking price, which generates a return of 8 to 10 percent!
- Your house will sell faster, which means more money with less headache and stress. A NAR survey found that the longer a home stays on the market, the further below list price it drops. Homes that sold in the first 4 weeks averaged 1% more than the list price; 4 to 12 weeks averaged 5% less; 13 to 24 weeks averaged 6.4% less; than list price; and 24 weeks averaged more than 10% less than list price.
- There is no better return on investment than staging. A 2011 Home Gain Survey of more than 2000 realtors revealed that home staging typically provides a 399% return on investment!
- Most home sellers cannot view their house objectively. Remember, buyers will view your personal things in a very impersonal way. If you can’t see objectively, you can’t “package” effectively. Have a certified staging professional get your home into its most advantageous condition for showing.
- Your online photos will stand out among the competition. According to a NAR Profile of Buyers and Sellers, more than 90% of buyers search for homes online first before deciding to visit. Give buyers a reason to drive to your home by having multiple photos of beautifully staged rooms that will stand out among the competition!
How We Can Help
Three Bears Home Staging can help you get started! We are professionally accredited and insured, and offer positive, empowering home staging consultations, both in-person and online!
Book an Online Consultation
We specialize in positive and empowering virtual consultations with practical advice to help homeowners sell more quickly and for more money.
Enroll in Our Online Courses
Our online courses are designed with you, the DIY homeowner, in mind. From home staging to paint color selection, we break down the process for you from start to finish!
Read Our Book
In this second edition of her popular book, Just Right! Easy DIY Home Staging: Second Edition, HSR certified professional home stager Vannessa Rhoades walks you through the step-by-step process of staging your home for a faster, more profitable sale. Available on Amazon in paperback and FREE for Kindle Unlimited customers!