There’s more to fall curb appeal than just throwing a few pumpkins in the front yard. Curb appeal is literally the first impression of your home, setting the tone for the way a buyer views the rest of the house (if they view it all)! You can create a positive first impression with home buyers this fall with these strategic seasonal updates and landscaping tips.
- Clean up! Remove cobwebs and wasps nests from the front porch, clean light fixtures, power wash the porch and walkways, repaint peeling door frames, add a new plain bristle doormat. Leafless autumn trees will make any flaws on your home’s exterior even more obvious so power wash siding and repaint if necessary.
- Revive the front door. Front doors are a focal point of the exterior, and most take a real beating in the summer sun. Adding a fresh coat of paint or sanding and re-staining gives homebuyers’ a much better first impression. While you’re at it, inspect locks and door handles for wear and update if necessary.
- Unclog gutters. A healthy, neat exterior lets potential buyers know home maintenance is important to you. Gutters overflowing with debris give the opposite impression. Remove falling leaves and pine needles from downspouts and gutters for a clean look and to prevent water damage.
- Improve lighting. Days are growing shorter so light the way for buyers with ground insert solar lights for the walkways and brighter garage sconces.
- Maintain the lawn. Even a dormant lawn still needs care! Add fertilizer, rake leaves, and continue to edge and weed.
- Add fall color. Plant colorful shrubs or fall friendly flowers, like mums. Fresh mulch in the beds makes a HUGE impact and adds color and interest.
- Limit holiday decorations. Do you really want buyers to see MLS photos of your Halloween-themed home when/if it’s still on the market in December? With that in mind, bypass the scarecrows, hay bales, and spooky holiday decor and focus on seasonal appeal instead. Just a few well-placed pumpkins or mums can be a colorful front porch accessory and a subtle nod to autumn.
Need Helps Staging for a Home Sale this Fall?
Get in touch with the consultation specialists at Three Bears Home Staging, and we’ll help make it just right! Take a look below at a few of the ways we help homeowners sell faster and more profitably.
Book an Online Consultation
We specialize in positive and empowering virtual consultations with practical advice to help homeowners sell more quickly and for more money.
Enroll in Our Online Courses
Our online courses are designed with you, the DIY homeowner, in mind. From home staging to paint color selection, we break down the process for you from start to finish!
Read Our Book
In this second edition of her popular book, Just Right! Easy DIY Home Staging: Second Edition, HSR certified professional home stager Vannessa Rhoades walks you through the step-by-step process of staging your home for a faster, more profitable sale. Available on Amazon in paperback and FREE for Kindle Unlimited customers!