First impressions are especially important when it comes to bathrooms, an area where potential home buyers don’t typically spend a lot of time. We’ve outlined a few of our favorite tips for staging bathrooms (and some easy updates even if you’re not trying to sell your home).
- Keep it sparkling clean. Remove all traces of dirt and mold from shower doors and tiles. Get rid of rugs and fuzzy toilet seat covers, wipe down baseboards, sweep and mop floors. Dirt, hair, mildew and soap scum are major turn-offs for buyers.
- Remove clutter–even if it’s functional. Buyers don’t want to see your combs, toothbrushes, hair dryers, and toiletries stacked on the counter. Keep these personal items in a caddy (like the ones below) to easily store out of sight in a cupboard when not in use.
mDesign Plastic Shower Caddy
iDesign Orbz Plastic Bathroom Shower Tote
- Replace old bathroom fixtures with new ones. Sleek, modern fixtures can give your bathroom an instant facelift at a fraction of the cost of a complete renovation. Shop your local home improvement store for inexpensive cabinet hardware, faucets, shower heads, towel bars, toilet paper bars and lights.
- Add some high-quality plush towels that coordinate with the rest of the bathroom’s color scheme. Hide your “real” everyday use towels (just toss them in the in the dryer out of sight) when buyers are coming through and put out fresh clean ones — neutral colors typically work best for photos. To get a “spa-like” look, we recommend rolling up a few white hand towels to place on the counter or next to the tub.
- Keep counter wipes, glass cleaner, and paper towels handy in every bathroom for quick clean-ups. You never know when that call will come from a potential buyer who wants to tour your house! These are a couple of our favorites (you can’t beat the ease of Seventh Generation wipes for counters and Sprayway is amazing for a streak-free shine on mirrors).
Seventh Generation Disinfecting Wipes
Sprayway, Glass Cleaner, 19 Oz Cans, Pack of 2
The Final Touch: Adding Decor and Accessories to the Bathroom
After a THOROUGH cleaning of the space and significant reduction in the amount of “stuff” lying around, you may want to add a few simple spa-like accessories to help warm up the space. Using the right bathroom staging decor gives buyers the impression your bathrooms are clean, refreshing, relaxing spots to care of themselves and “take care of business.” To help you get started, we’ve put together some of our favorite home staging accessories that complement almost any bathroom.
Need More Help?
When it comes to staging bathrooms, making a few budget-friendly changes can get your space looking great for any target market. Need more staging tips for your home? Three Bears Home Staging can help!
Book an Online Consultation
We specialize in positive and empowering virtual consultations with practical advice to help homeowners sell more quickly and for more money.
Enroll in Our Online Courses
Our online courses are designed with you, the DIY homeowner, in mind. From home staging to paint color selection, we break down the process for you from start to finish!
Read Our Book
In this brand new third edition of her popular book, Just Right! Easy DIY Home Staging, professional home stager Vannessa Rhoades walks you through the step-by-step process of staging your home for a faster, more profitable sale. Available on Amazon in paperback and Kindle editions!
The products on this blog have been independently selected because I like them. Some of the links on this blog are affiliate links, meaning, if you choose to click on a link and make a purchase, I earn a small commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you and is paid 100% by the merchant, which helps me continue to create free content for my readers — so it’s a win-win! Thank you for supporting my blog and my business!