Set the stage for summer home selling by staging an environment where potential buyers can see themselves relaxing and entertaining in a cool, comfortable space.
- Turn the patio into an additional “room,” complete with a table, chairs, flowers, and maybe even some type of food or beverage vignette. Add a new outdoor rug and cushy pillows to the furniture.
- Splurge on air-conditioning. Turn on ceiling fans on low (don’t blast visitors out of the house). Hot, stuffy rooms make potential buyers want to leave. Keep buyers comfortable. You want them to stick around and check out the rest of the home!
- Open curtains and blinds before every showing. Lighten and brighten your living spaces with summer sunshine.
- Avoid using the oven before a showing—don’t add extra heat during the summer months.
- Set out a decorative container filled with ice and bottles of cold water for potential buyers (give your agent a heads-up that you’ll be doing this). Everyone appreciates a cold drink in the heat.
- Amp up curb appeal to make buyers want to get out of the car and come in. Keep the lawn green and trim. Plant beautiful flowers. Weed beds and add plenty of new mulch. Power-wash sidewalks, driveways, porches, and decks.
- Post high-quality photos of your home in its best staged condition. Many agents work with professional real estate photographers who are experts at capturing indoor and outdoor spaces at their best. Your home stager can work with these professionals to fine-tune your online presentation and make your listing “pop.”
Need a Little Help with Your Summer Home Staging?
Three Bears Home Staging specializes in positive, empowering online home staging consultations! We teach home sellers across the country how to sell their homes faster and for more money…and we can help you, too! We also offer courses, books, and lots of free tools online! Get in touch with us or click below to get started.
Book an Online Consultation
We specialize in positive and empowering virtual consultations with practical advice to help homeowners sell more quickly and for more money.
Enroll in Our Online Courses
Our online courses are designed with you, the DIY homeowner, in mind. From home staging to paint color selection, we break down the process for you from start to finish!
Read Our Book
In this second edition of her popular book, Just Right! Easy DIY Home Staging: Second Edition, HSR certified professional home stager Vannessa Rhoades walks you through the step-by-step process of staging your home for a faster, more profitable sale. Available on Amazon in paperback and FREE for Kindle Unlimited customers!